Sardinia Gift Basket
Our Regional-Inspired Gift Baskets Include ALL of the Following:
- QTY 1 Colored Print of the Specific Region’s Crest or Flag
- QTY 2 One (1) LB Bags of All Natural Pasta
- QTY 2 Gourmet Seasoning or Spice Mix
- QTY 2 Regional Hard Candy or Sweet
- QTY 2 Candles or Regional Ornaments
- QTY 1 Glass Bottle of High Quality Olive Oil
- QTY 1 Re-Usable Wood Basket
Suckling pig and wild boar are roasted on the spit or boiled in stews of beans and vegetables, thickened with bread. Herbs such as mint and myrtle are widely used in the regional cuisine. Sardinia have also many special types of bread, made dry, which keeps longer than high-moisture breads.
Those are baked as well, including carasau bread civraxiu, coccoi pinatus, a highly decorative bread and pistoccu made with flour and water only, originally meant for herders, but often served at home with tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic and a strong cheese. Rock lobster, scampi, squid, tuna, sardines are the predominant seafoods.