Our Regional-Inspired Gift Baskets Include ALL of the Following:
- QTY 1Colored Printof the Specific Region’s Crest or Flag
- QTY2One (1) LB Bags of All Natural Pasta
- QTY2Gourmet Seasoning or Spice Mix
- QTY2Regional Hard Candy or Sweet
- QTY2Candles or Regional Ornaments
- QTY1 Glass Bottle of High Quality Olive Oil
- QTY 1 Re-Usable Wood Basket
Simplicity is central to the Tuscan cuisine. Legumes, bread, cheese, vegetables, mushrooms and fresh fruit are used. A good example would be ribollita, a notable Tuscan soup whose name literally means "reboiled". Like most Tuscan cuisine, the soup has peasant origins.
It was originally made by reheating (i.e. reboiling) the leftover minestrone or vegetable soup from the previous day. There are many variations but the main ingredients always include leftover bread, cannellini beans and inexpensive vegetables such as carrot, cabbage, beans, silverbeet, cavolo nero (Tuscan kale), onion and olive oil.